The perfect cookies recipe
- 200g butter
- 420g flour
- 1 whole egg
- 150g confectioner’s (icing) sugar
- pinch of salt
- cinnamon or other additives
- All ingredients should be at room temperature. The butter should be slightly firm.
- Mix the egg with confectioner’s (icing) sugar, add the butter and a pinch of salt. Blend it well. After mixing, add the sifted flour and cinnamon. Knead or mix until combined.
- Put the dough for about 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Then sprinkle flour on the pastry board and roll out the dough with a smooth rolling pin, sprinkle with flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin. Then imprint the patterns with the Folkroll roller pressing the roller body with both hands. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Put the cookies on a baking tray with baking paper and put in a well-heated oven at 180 °C, on the top shelf. Bake cookies about 5 -7 minutes until light brownig.